Friday, June 13, 2008

Week 8

Thing # 19

Took a trip along Library Thing. It is a site that will really require more time to visit. Nonetheless, it is a site that without a doubt be an asset for any library to have. As to the idea of using it in the classroom it is good. I perused and found some book in the target languages I teach. I really liked the fact that there is now easy and quick access to this type of literature. Our bookstores in our area offer very little. This is the link to my library :http://www.librarything.es/catalog/esaenz

Thing # 18

I visited, played around and created an account with Zoho Writer. Loved it!!!. I created a worksheet for one of my summer courses at home and edited it at school without carrying around a USB or sending it via email as an attachment. The idea of being able to access my documents from any computer is quite fabulous . It has the same features as Word. The only thing I could no figure out is to how to change the language I want to write in. I am sure there is a way. Have to keep on "looking around". A "sharing" feature made in very attractive. I can share documents with my colleagues rather than simply send attachments!!! Took the challenge and exported a mock assignment. Worksheets or other materials can be posted for the students!!

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

To change the lanaguage in Zoho, go to Options on the top menu, then select Settings in the window that pops up.